Wednesday, June 13, 2012

patties

Or patty's?

I believe it's the first one. I was waiting for the subway to come when I noticed one lady taking a bite out of a pattie, most likely bought from the local subway station shop. I didn't make a deal out of it until I noticed another lady, munching away on hers while she waited a couple of feet away from me. I'm a people person, but I'm also a people observer. Hopefully that will explain any future utterances that make me sound like a creeper when really, I take in a lot of information when I look at people. She had a laptop bag that looked pretty full as well as a purse and had this rushed kind of expression on her face. For some reason, this weird observation of two women eating patties while waiting for the same subway train to arrive made me think..."What's so good about patties anyway?"

(I looked it up and it's patty singular and patties plural. Jamaican mahn.)

I guessed that it was because it was either a quick dinner or a snack on the go, because those little patties couldn't pack in THAT many nutrients and good stuff for your body. Other reasons include the simplicity of a patty, the availability of it, the taste, the fact that it wasn't too messy or too crumbly when being eaten, so on and so forth.

Anyway, that was just my two cents of thoughts for the day that I made sure to make a mental note of so that I could write it here. That last sentence was so poorly written...I don't even want to go back and fix it up.

I also ended up on the escalators twice today without realizing. The first time, I was more interested by the reason why two women were just standing at the very end of the stairs leading up to the bus platform, and down to the middle platform between buses and subways. But I had found myself caught there too previously, because it's the last place you get cell reception without going completely underground. The second time, I forced myself to stay put instead of climb or descend after realizing that I was once again on an escalator.

Oh, and I've also excluded the elevator at my work place from this use-stairs! goal. Partly because the only way for me to get into the office from the stairs is to hope somebody opens the door when I knock. I don't have the keys/swipething to get in. The other possible reasons is because small, more enclosed-like stairs and 3+ flights usually don't go well in my brain.

And to think, I was going to try and do the CN Tower climb sometime. Oh, wishful me.

No comments:

Post a Comment